Sunday 25 May 2014

Some issues and getting back on track

When i came back from Barcelona i had thought that everything would be fine and i would be able to get back into my site, however i ran into a few issues. When i began working on my chapter introduction page i realised that i hadn't been working according to the column system that skeleton uses to run and i feel into a lot of issues because of this.



I was struggling to put contention because they weren't in columns and every thing i added to the css or html would push or move another piece of content so i was struggling to understand why this was happening and felt like this project was going to be impossible. However when i showed my html to my teacher they picked up on that i hadn't been using the columns which i had totally forgot about and that was why places assets to my page was nearly impossible.

My teacher made it clearer to me about the grid system and i then tried to re-start working on my pages, and because the one chapter page looked a mess i decided to work on one of my section pages which was the 'outcomes' page.


I started by adding a sixteen column for my header image and after i two eight columns for images and text for the primary outcomes, and after i did that i added four, four columns for my other content which was my secondary outcomes.






After trying to get my headers to work, i gave up with them as i tried using google fonts and font squirrel and i couldn't get the font i wanted, so i ended up resulting in using images which i know is a big no no but i just wanted to do it quickly and use the font i wanted without any hassle or issues.

Once I had got all my content looking nice i then decided i wanted to frame it, so i decided to add extra containers for each bunch of content and it led me to be able to have framed boxes for my primary and secondary outcomes. I also added a skyline image at the top to sit nicely on top of the first box to give that sense of an earthquakes and tectonic plates.





As i did that i realised when it got smaller on the screen you couldn't see the skyline that well so i decided to replace the image with another with a pointer thing so it would look more visually appealing on a smaller device and so it would work well with the header at the top of the screen.





So that's pretty much it for this page and i will be using this frame for the majority of my section pages, now its just about changing some of the columns and adding the content in, so i will be working on the sections and then go back to the chapter introductions and create a frame for that and then add the content in for those pages, then after all that my website should be done!


No comments:

Post a Comment