Thursday 6 February 2014

Extra shot ideas (Potential Intro idea)

After editing the majority of my sequence, my teachers did praise me for my efforts when i showed them and when i was still editing it all together and one of my teachers said that i could use an intro with a couple shots of something that gives the idea away what my sequence is about. He suggested that i should have a reminder on my i phone or one of my friends text me saying that my friend who texted me and my other friends coming were on heir way for recording.

Since the opening is supposed to only be 3 seconds that is plenty of time to have a couple of shots of me grabbing my phone and seeing either the text or reminder on my phone that its the day for recording and then the process beginning where i set up the equipment to get it done in time before they get round my house.

Potentially with this idea i could have a close up shot of my trouser pocket and getting my phone out of it after hearing a text sound from the phone or a vibration sound then a close up of the text or reminder so it indicates that my friends are on their way or that the day is recording day so i should prepare.

I think i want to go for the idea of a text, as it makes more sense and would make me in the sequence realize i need to hurry and set up the equipment which would compliment the overall sequence nicely and have them knock in time as i finish so i think it could work really well.

So the idea is that i could use background noise of birds or something and use a close up high angle of my leg where my phone is and have it vibrate with a sound effect and then have another shot of me getting it out of my pocket and then a close up of the phone and the text.

This could be the opening as i could use text below of the shots in the opening saying 'short sharp shot' 'by matthew davey'  then 'preparing equipment for recording with friends' or something like that so i can use nice shots in an intro and set the scene and start at a good pace and then once seen the text and it fade out or something then begin to start the sequence and have me rushing around trying to get everything set up in time before they get round my house.

I will most likely sketch out these ideas for the opening and look at what shots i could use within the 3 seconds as well as  looking at potential fonts to use for the text in the opening.



No comments:

Post a Comment