Wednesday 8 January 2014

Final Design


After presenting my final work to the class i had a lot of overall positive feedback from everyone but quite a bit of critique and small improvements to make on both my book cover design and A2 poster.


This is my final design of my book cover, it might not be obvious that i've made changes but when you look i've made both 'S.E. Hinton' and 'The original teenage rebel story' straight on the baseline so it looks structured and more neater overall. 

Another aspect of the design i've changed is on the back cover of my design with the quote and made the torn part go out more outside of the cover to look more torn as someone suggested when i presented my final designs.

Besides that i didn't have to make any more improvements and with the final design i am very happy with how it looks and after all the work and effort i've put in it was definitely worth while and i really like the overall design of the work i've created.


With my poster originally at the crit i was given a lot of critique and things i could improve on with the poster and after taking everyones comments on board i've managed to make these changes. I've added the puffin logo on the top right of the poster which makes it more obvious that its a book poster from puffin books. I've increased the size of my book to make it stand out and the main eye catcher of the poster. I've also changed the background similarly to my book cover design with the paper texture inside more of the poster to make it more relatable to my book and also to make the book stand out even more within the poster. I've also changed the edges of the torn parts slightly so it doesn't look too neat and placed, fitting in more with the scruffy and gang feel. 

And that's it! These are my main designs and couldn't be more happier with how they look. I have made branding guidelines which are detailed and talk a lot about my book cover design and i've submitted that and all my working files and fink designs on the submissions folder on our college network.

No comments:

Post a Comment